Saturday, December 16th 2017, 5:57pm UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login

Dear visitor, welcome to Frozen Agony. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gunny

Phänomen

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 9:58am

RAWR Cup / Guildcafe Cup 2008

Wenns kein Joke ist, dann veranstaltet Rawr anscheinend einen Cup. Es gibt auch nette Sachen zu gewinnen.

http://www.guildcafe.com/tournamentLanding.php

Spieltermin ist Samstags 18:00 GMT.

Edit / Godguard: Hier die FAQs zum Turnier:

General Rules:
  1. At least 6 of the players participating in the tournament for each round must be members of guild within GuildWars with at most 2 guests.
  2. Only those members registered with the guild on GuildCafe are eligible for prizes.
  3. A maximum of eight players from each guild finishing in the top three spots of each division will be awarded prizes.
  4. All guild members on non-forfeiting teams will be awarded the GuildCafe Achievement for participating in the 2008 RAWR Cup.
  5. Members of Rebel Rising [rawr] and We Quit Our Day Jobs [Band] as well as contractors and employees of GuildCafe Entertainment, Inc. may not compete.
  6. Certain members of Rebel Rising [rawr] will be acting as tournament officials during the competition.
  7. All decisions made by tournament officials and judges are final.
  8. Each guild must designate one member from their tournament roster through GuildCafe to act as their tournament leader.
  9. The tournament leader for a guild should maintain an online status and be responsive within a reasonable time.
  10. Guild Wars keys for division entry tokens will be automatically distributed on the registration page to guild tournament leaders 30 minutes prior to the first round for each division.
  11. GuildCafe Entertainment and Rebel Rising [rawr] are not responsible for any unfortunate circumstances or mishaps that may occur during the automated tournament.
Divisional Rules:
  1. The tournament will be divided up into 3 divisions: Dragon Division, Phoenix Division, and Titan Division.
  2. The tournament for each division will consist of a swiss style format followed by single elimination of the top 16 guilds.
  3. Each division will have a designated tournament administrator that will be posted the day the divisions are locked.
  4. The divisions will be locked on Friday November 31st. At this point no further division changes will be allowed.
  5. A guild may select its preferred division placement during the tournament registration process.
  6. Each guild's performance in their chosen division for this tournament will dictate future division placements in tournaments hosted by GuildCafe. Choose your division wisely!
  7. A maximum of 128 guilds may sign up for each division.
  8. The rules for each division are as follows:
    • Dragon Division:
      1. This division is recommended for guilds with an average rank of 1-100 on the Guild Wars ladder.
      2. The first rounds beings Saturday 6:00PM GMT.
      3. Maps will be announced one hour in advance before the start of the tournament.
      • 1st place prizes: Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support and a Special edition Rawr Cup Dragon Division winner t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Dragon Division winner achievement
      • 2nd place prizes: Special edition Rawr Cup Dragon Division finalist t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Dragon Division finalist achievement
      • 3rd place prizes: Special edition Rawr Cup Dragon Division finalist t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Dragon Division finalist achievement
    • Phoenix Division:
      1. This division is recommended for guilds with an average rank of 101-500 on the Guild Wars ladder.
      2. The first round begins Saturday 5:30PM GMT.
      3. Maps will be announced 24 hours in advance before the start of the tournament.
      • 1st place prizes: Logitech G9 Black 5 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB Wired Laser Gaming Mouse and a Special edition Rawr Cup Phoenix Division winner t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Phoenix Division winner achievement
      • 2nd place prizes: Special edition Rawr Cup Phoenix Division finalist t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Phoenix Division finalist achievement
      • 3rd place prizes: Special edition Rawr Cup Phoenix Division finalist t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Phoenix Division finalist achievement
    • Titan Division:
      1. This division is recommended for guilds with an average rank of 501+ on the Guild Wars ladder.
      2. The first round begins Saturday 5:00 Noon GMT
      3. Maps will be played in this order - Warriors Isle, Burning Isle, Imperial Isle, Isle of Solitude, Nomads Isle, Druids Isle.
      • 1st place prizes: a Special edition Rawr Cup Titan Division winner t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Titan Division winner achievement
      • 2nd place prizes: Special edition Rawr Cup Titan Division finalist t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Titan Division finalist achievement
      • 3rd place prizes: Special edition Rawr Cup Titan Division finalist t-shirt, GuildCafe Rawr Cup Titan Division finalist achievement
      • Guild Wars Tournament Reward points will be awarded to participants of this division using the same format outlined by ArenaNet for the Daily Automated Tournament
Final-Note:
  1. If there are any specific questions about your division outside of the current tournament time, send a pm your tournament administrator via GuildCafe.
  2. Any urgent questions during the tournament can be sent in-game. The tournament administrators will only respond to the designated guild leader or designated contact signed up through GuildCafe.
  3. For voicing general questions and concerns, use the GuildCafe helpdesk, the Rebel Rising guild homepage, or 2008 RAWR Cup forums rather than in game chat. Spamming the judges in game may result in the team's forfeiture of any prizes won from the tournament.
Q. How do I get involved?

Quoted

A. The first step is to visit the 2008 RAWR Cup Title Series homepage. Join GuildCafe, get your guild setup here, sign-up your team for the tournament, pick up your key here just before the tournament, add your key to your Guild Wars account, enter the game, type /special to get your token, use your token to enter the tournament, group up your team, FIGHT!

Q.
Why are there three divisions?

Quoted

A. We are hoping to open up Guild Wars guild vs guild competition to a wider audience, empowering guilds who don't normally participate in GvG with a chance to share in the fun and prizes! The Dragon division is meant to be for top teams, while the Phoenix division is for everyone else. Titan division is for guilds who don't normally compete.

Q. Why do you call it a title series?

Quoted

A. Because after three tournaments there will be a final competition to determine receives the GuildCafe RAWR 2008 World Champions in each division!

Q.
Why is GuildCafe sponsoring a player event within a game?

Quoted

A. GuildCafe is pioneering a new platform for guilds to create and run their own in sponsored game events and competitions. This is our contribution to the tend of increased democratization of game based entertainment.

Q.
Is there an entry fee?

Quoted

A. No.

Q. Do I have to sign up to GuildCafe to participate?

Quoted

A. Yes. You must sign-up as well as be a member of your guild here on Guildcafe.

Q.
How do I a create guild on GuildCafe?

Quoted

A. If your guild doesn't have a presence here on GuildCafe yet, a "Create Guild" button in the tournament's website will appear to you. You may also go straight to guild creation from here.

Q.
Does it cost anything to host my guild Website on GuildCafe?

Quoted

A. No.

Q. How do I sign up my guild for the tournament?

Quoted

A. Once you have a guild set up here with six members in it, the form for entering will appear on the registration page.

Q.
How do I know if my guild is already registered for the tournament?

Quoted

A. If someone from your guild here on GuildCafe has signed you up for the tournament, you will be told when you visit the registration page. You will also be listed as part of the team on the Tournament News page.

Q. I made a mistake on the roster I submitted. How do I change it?

Quoted

A. Whoever was designated as the tournament leader at the time of team's registration may revisit the registration page to add or remove members as needed.

Q.
How do I know what division my guild is in?

Quoted

A. Teams are listed by division on the News page.

Q. I've rethought my team's division placement, can I change it?

Quoted

A. Yes, Send a PM to Jackie Vu of [rawr] requesting the change. All divisions change decisions made by Jackie Vu are final.

Q.
What if I have a problem during the tournament, what do I do? Who do I contact?

Quoted

A. Each division has its own tournament administrator. If you experience difficulties with getting your entry token, invite your division's administrator to be a guest of your guild and send them a whisper.

Q. Where do I find out who I’m playing against?

Quoted

A. It will be a surprise. The 2008 RAWR Cup Title Series will run within the Guild Wars Automated Tournament (AT) system.

Q.
When does my match start?

Quoted

A. Just like a normal AT the RAWR Cup rounds will start every 40 minutes. You must be grouped and ready to enter. Your team must actually join the battle within 5 minutes or forfeit the entire tournament.

Q.
Do I need to send in my results for each round?

Quoted

A. No. The Guild Wars AT system will take care of everything.

Q.
What if my opponent doesn’t show up?

Quoted

A. The AT system will notify you five minutes after the start of the match if your opponent has forfeited. It will count as a win as in a normal AT.

Q. If my guild wins a prize, how are they distributed?

Quoted

A. All Guild Wars reward points will be awarded automatically. All registered members of a team on GuildCafe will receive achievement awards. If your team wins physical prizes, we will contact eight registered guild members who actually played and obtain shipping information. Prizes will be shipped from the various retail establishment we use to buy them.

GuildCafe reserves the right to substitute equivalent cash for the advertised prizes when shipping or international law prohibits the delivery of the advertised prizes. Cash awards will be sent by check in US dollars by regular mail.

Q. Is there anyway to work tank guns, elf panties and bubble gum into this?

Quoted

A. There are no elves or guns in Guild Wars unless the Asura are hiding something. There are frilly ele panties however. Feel free to post your screenies. There is also a secret and undocumented way to win the Bubblegum achievement, but I am not telling.

Q. When do I get my prize?

Quoted

A. Guild Wars tournament reward points are instantaneous. GuildCafe Achievements may take up to seven day to show up. Physical prizes will generally ship within 30 days of receiving address information.

Q. Is there going to be any more tournaments in the future?

Quoted

A. Yes, many we hope with more and bigger prizes for all divisions. The RAWR Cup is considered a prototype. If it is successful, we intend to involve other game and hardware companies as partner sponsors. Choose your divisions wisely!

Edith meint, falls es war ist, wär sowas doch ne News im WT wert-

Godguard

Amateur Dramatic Society

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 10:23am

Es ist cool, dass sie mit dem Turnier auf eine breite Masse setzen und das ganze mit drei Divisionen durchsetzen wollen. Davon könnten sich einige eine Scheibe abschneiden - dennoch bin ich mir nicht sicher, inwiefern sich so ein(e) Turnier(serie) durchsetzen kann, schließlich ist es ähnlich wie die ESL. Die Eigeninitiative von den Spielern ist gefragt und das ist bekanntlich das Hauptproblem bei ArenaNets Überlegenheit im Turniermodus.

Aber ich glaube, da simma dabei ...
„We cannot fail to win unless we fail to try.“
(Tom Clancy)

Gunny

Phänomen

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 10:28am

Wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe, wird das ganze muit Hilfe des AT SYstems von Anet ablaufen, also deutlich weniger aufwand wie bei ESL und Co.

Tante Edith sagt, sie hätte das ganze im Forum unter FAQ gefunden.

Godguard

Amateur Dramatic Society

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 10:57am

Ich quote in deinem Beitrag Gunny, mal die FAQs rein:
„We cannot fail to win unless we fail to try.“
(Tom Clancy)

Henchie

Das Apokalyptische Duo (Teil 2)

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 11:17am

Hm, das klingt finde ich auf den ersten Blick schon sehr gut. Tolle Preise, versch. Turniere für Leistungsstufen (was macht man gegen Smurfs?) und das ganze mit Unterstützung von Anet. :thumbsup:
you dont need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Rôdt Kôrt

Stigmatisation

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 11:22am

einfach cool :)
Woven Hand - Behind your Breath
" - his rest

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 11:22am

Quoted

Maps will be announced one hour in advance before the start of the tournament.

Real competition ftw!

Quoted

GuildCafe Entertainment and Rebel Rising [rawr] are not responsible for any unfortunate circumstances or mishaps that may occur during the automated tournament.

Mal schauen wie das Finale ausssieht :rolleyes:

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 12:02pm

scheint so als wenn da sehr eng mit anet zusammengearbeitet wird.

Wegi

Kaiserlicher Spion

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 12:31pm

Ich finde das klingt richtig geil. Auch geil von Anet, dass die die Ats zur Verfügung stellen. GW goes eSports :D

achja: wenn man auf preise scharf ist kann man sich doch theoretishc mit der Smurf in der Phoenix Division amelden, dann hätte man als top 100 Gilde fast schon sicher den 1. Platz und müsste nicht höchstleistungen auffahren um ind er Dragons Division aufs Treppchen zu kommen. (ich hoffe sie finden da eine Lösung für)

Gunny

Phänomen

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 12:34pm

Die Preise für die unteren 2 Divisions sind eigentlich nicht so toll, als dass man die unbedingt erschleichen muss.

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 1:06pm

trotzdem sind es preise :P
"Zwei Dinge sind unendlich: Das Universum und die Menschliche Dummheit. Aber beim Universum bin ich mir nicht ganz sicher."

PsychoStorm

Stigmatisation

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 1:31pm

Da ja eh viele Gilden unten mitsmurfen, müsste man in der Dragon Division ja ganz gute Chancen haben ^^
-.(ò.Ó).-
» Niemand verliert besser als wir «
The Losing Edge [EoE]
"Did you call yourself Lego cause you like to play with blocks?" -Mitch @ vD-Forums

Cell

Irrlicht

Sunday, November 11th 2007, 1:50pm

500+ besteht aus 12 Gilden?
100-500 aus 25 Gilden?
Top 100 aus 35?